important communications for small businesses and nonprofits
Step 1: Identify your audience
- Who are you speaking to?
- Who needs to hear from you?
- Who is part of your organization’s community?
Step 2: engage digital platforms
- What social media platforms are you currently using?
- Which of those platforms are you using well?
- Are there different platforms for you to try?
Step 3: leverage community resources
- Reach out to local media.
- Request to be added to directories & lists as appropriate.
- Reach out to stakeholders to find ways to collaborate.
Step 4: Create assets of value
What is the purpose behind the…
- videos you are posting
- articles you are sharing
- graphics you are creating
Are the assets providing value to the audience?
Step 5: Be available
- Provide *appropriate* ways for people to contact you.
- Monitor any account you are directing people toward.
- Respond to inquiries as timely as possible.
During times of crisis, communication action is critical for small business owners and nonprofit leaders.
What about your organization?
Skidmore Consulting 2020 ©