strengths based coaching tool for leader development
Dr. Sarah Skidmore (leader coach and leadership consultant at Skidmore Consulting LLC) addresses commonly asked questions. In this video, she tackles ‘What do I do with my strengths?’ Dr. Sarah offers the Strength Map as a tool for leaders to reflect on different components related to strengths development.
How to use the Strength Map as a strengths based approach to leadership development
- Select one of your strengths and write it in the middle of your paper.
- Think of creating a mind map or a web. From the strength, draw a line outward labeled ‘Strategy.’ Write down a few strategies that come to mind to use with this strength.
- Then from the center strength, again draw another line labeled ‘Use.’ Write down a few ways that you are currently using the strength.
- Again, draw another line stemming from your strength labeled ‘Develop.’ Write down a few ways that you can further develop the strength.
- And, draw one final line from the middle of the page outward labeled ‘Celebrate.’ Write down a few ways that you can actively celebrate your strength.
Spend time reflecting on the Strength Map! Feel free to create a separate map for each of your strengths. Notice your growth over time!